Pregnancy is an amazing gift, and most women agree the pain and sacrifice involved in giving birth are well worth it. However, childbirth takes a great toll on a woman’s body, and many moms in Arizona undergo mommy makeovers to restore areas of their body to their pre-baby prime. A mommy makeover typically involves several plastic surgeries performed at once such as breast augmentation or a breast lift, liposuction and a tummy tuck. However, your mommy makeover will be tailored to fit your needs and address your specific issues and goals for your body.
When Can I Have a Mommy Makeover?
Some of our patients wish to have a mommy makeover as soon as possible after pregnancy, but it’s important to give your body time to heal. We generally recommend you wait at least nine months to a year after giving birth, so your uterus has time to contract. We also suggest you:
- Wait until you’re done having children to have any form of plastic surgery.
- Wait six months after you’ve finished breastfeeding, so your breasts have returned to their normal state.
- Be as close to your ideal weight as possible before your mommy makeover.
- Wait until your children are old enough not to require being held or picked up constantly.
- Have a friend or family member available to help take care of your children while you recover from your procedure(s).
- Have realistic expectations for your mommy makeover results.
Every woman is unique, and our board-certified plastic surgeon can help determine the right time and procedures for your mommy makeover during your consultation in Scottsdale.
Plastic surgery is not a substitute for weight loss, but rather a way to enhance your appearance when you have reached or are close to your goal weight.
If you’re interested in a mommy makeover or any other form of plastic surgery, please contact Dr. John Corey in Scottsdale today at 480-767-7700 to schedule your consultation. Our aesthetic plastic surgery office serves patients in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, Mesa and surrounding areas of Arizona.