There's no shortage of clear blue days in the Valley of the Sun. Although winter temperatures top out in the 80s, many of us still look forward to the summer as a season of vacations, lounging by the pool and excursions. If you are interested in an aesthetic procedure to prep for summer, please read below to see six ideas.
1. Breast augmentation. Increase bust size while enhancing the overall shape of your breasts. In a bikini by the beach, in your favorite summer dress, or shorts and a tank top – in all of your outfits – feel spectacular about your new shape! Strenuous activities and demanding exercise must be delayed for about two weeks after the operation, so now is a great time to plan your breast augmentation.
2. Mommy makeover. Mommy makeover procedures enhance the breasts and tummy together, and usually with a little liposuction added too. After childbirth and breastfeeding, you may have noticed certain physical changes. Sagging, deflated breasts are common, as well as fat deposits and loose skin on various areas of the body.
If you've decided a mommy makeover is the right way to rejuvenate your post-baby body while still looking like the strong, beautiful mom you are, there is still time to schedule the procedure before summer.
3. Tummy tuck. In light summer clothes and swimsuits, a protruding abdomen may feel more "on display." A tummy tuck eliminates excess fat and skin on the abdomen and tightens up the tummy muscles that may have stretched as well. With the swelling and discomfort, it may be three to four weeks before you are ready to be out and about. To be ready for summer, the first step is to arrange a consultation with Dr. Corey. If you decide a tummy tuck is right for you, then we can provide the timeline for scheduling and results.
4. Liposuction. This procedure removes stubborn deposits of fat on various areas of the body. Summer means bikinis and whether you wear one or wish you could, there may be areas of stubborn fat on your belly, back, hips, thighs, neck or arms. The recovery from liposuction is fairly fast for most people, allowing you to quickly get back to your normal routine.
5. Breast lift. Wearing summer tanks and tops is a challenge when drooping breasts look deflated. For a perky, rounder shape, a breast lift may be a good option. Allow a few weeks for breast swelling to subside post-procedure, so now is a good time to inquire about breast lift scheduling and surgery.
6. BOTOX® Cosmetic. Non-surgical BOTOX® can be a great option if you want to enhance your facial appearance quickly and avoid that "summer squint!" There is no downtime after the injections, so you can get right back to all of your normal activities, whether that's packing for a summer vacation or attending an important event with friends and family.
Arrange Your Consultation in Scottsdale
If you are considering aesthetic surgery, the winter and spring months are a great time to start planning. Your first step should be meeting with Dr. Corey for an in-person consultation. You'll discuss what changes you would like to make, find out if you are a good candidate and learn about recovery times. Dr. Corey is an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon in Scottsdale, serving the areas of Phoenix, Chandler and Mesa. To schedule your consultation, please call us at 480-767-7700.