Are you considering getting a tummy tuck to make your stomach look flatter? If so, you’ll be glad to know that this surgery is ideal for eliminating excess skin and fat while tightening the underlying muscles. It can address unwanted changes and help unlock your ideal figure.
Of course, the best tummy tuck results don’t happen overnight. You’ll need to plan ahead to set yourself up for success. Follow these steps to get ready for your tummy tuck procedure:
- Consider the timing: Life events such as having a baby or losing a significant amount of weight can leave their mark on your body. You might be eager to find a solution as soon as possible. However, you shouldn’t rush the timing of your tummy tuck. Wait to schedule surgery until your family is complete and your body has had time to heal after giving birth. Similarly, make sure your weight is stable and near your ideal number.
- Book a consultation: Once you’re ready to find out if a tummy tuck is a good fit for your needs, schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. John Corey. The surgeon will tell you about your candidacy, the results you can expect, and more. You’ll also learn more about your surgeon’s experience and see before and after photos.
- Stock up on supplies: Getting ready for your recovery isn’t something you want to save until the last minute. For example, shopping for healthy foods that take little to no effort to prepare will help make the healing process easier. It’s also a good idea to fill your prescriptions and purchase items such as compression garments and supportive pillows.
- Clear your schedule: You’ll need to take time off for your tummy tuck. Most patients need ten to fourteen days off work unless they’re getting a mini tummy tuck. Things like fitness classes and other strenuous physical activities should also be put on hold.
- Arrange for help after surgery: Ask a close friend or family member to drive you to and from surgery. We also recommend that they stay with you for the first night. And if you are responsible for childcare or household chores, be sure to get someone to help.
Ready To Meet Our Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon?
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Corey has extensive experience performing tummy tuck procedures. He has spent nearly 30 years helping satisfied patients achieve their body goals.
If you’re interested in this transformative surgery, call 480-767-7700 to schedule a consultation. We serve Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, Mesa, Chandler, and nearby areas of Arizona.