If you are considering breast augmentation, you may be wondering how long your implants will last. While breast implants do not have a predetermined expiration date or a number of years at which their replacement is recommended, there are several issues that may indicate it’s time to remove or replace your breast implants:
- You want to increase the size of your breasts
- You want to decrease breast size and lift your breasts with a breast mastopexy procedure
- Hardening of the breast has occurred because of capsular contracture, a breast augmentation complication in which scar tissue hardens around one or both of your breast implants
- One or both of the breast implants has ruptured, in the case of silicone gel implants, or deflated in the case of saline-filled implants
- One or both of the breast implants is visibly wrinkled, causing the skin to look rippled
- One or both of the breast implants has rotated
- The passage of time has caused your breast augmentation results to change, and you want to refresh the size and perkiness of your breasts
When you choose an experienced, qualified and board-certified plastic surgeon like Dr. John Corey, you not only have the advantage of over 27 years of experience but a surgeon whose practice is dedicated almost exclusively to aesthetic breast surgery and breast implant revision. Many plastic surgeons avoid these types of cases because of the increased complexity and possibility of complications, which can always occur. But most breast augmentation patients never experience complications and instead are simply looking to refresh their results 10-20 years after their initial procedure..
Each patient is unique, and Dr. Corey is here to provide you with individualized guidance and recommendations. He is personally driven to provide his breast augmentation and breast revision patients with results they will love. If you are interested in discussing how long you can expect breast implants to last if you choose to have a breast enhancement, we encourage you to schedule a consultation with Dr. Corey.
Schedule a Consultation with Dr. John Corey
If you are interested in breast implants and you live in Scottsdale, Phoenix, Tempe or any of the surrounding areas, please call the practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Corey at 480-767-7700. Our staff is happy to answer your questions and arrange a consultation between you and Dr. Corey so you can find out if you’re a good candidate for breast augmentation.