Researching liposuction? Below, see seven things you may not have known. For complete and individualized information, schedule a consultation in the Phoenix area with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Corey. Please call us at 480-767-7700.
1. There are many treatment areas. Stubborn fat appears in various locations. Liposuction commonly removes fat from the:
- Bra roll
Dr. Corey will help you decide if treating one area or multiple areas will produce the results you want to see. Oftentimes, more than one location can be treated in the same appointment.
2. The "tumescent" technique. There are several techniques and types of Liposuction, and Dr. Corey typically uses the tumescent version. Tumescent fluid is a solution of normal saline, lidocaine and epinephrine, which is infiltrated into the target area at the start of the procedure and allowed to diffuse into the tissue. It not only numbs the area, but makes the fat cells swollen and firm, allowing them to be removed a bit more easily and efficiently. Post-operative swelling, bruising and discomfort are reduced with the tumescent technique as well.
3. It's not about weight loss. Liposuction sculpts the body by removing stubborn fat deposits. The best results are produced when the patient is at or near their ideal body weight. Afterward, you may notice a slight reduction in pounds when you step on the scale, but you should not expect it to take you from being overweight to slim. It really is designed to help you fit and feel better in clothing.
4. It removes stubborn fat deposits. The procedure refines the contours of the body by eliminating fat cells that are resistant to diet and exercise. This may be the perfect procedure for you if you feel like no matter what you do, certain areas just won’t respond to diet and exercise.
5. The results can be lasting. Fat cells removed are removed for good. It is, of course, still possible to gain weight after liposuction but after the procedure, you may feel even more motivated to pursue healthy lifestyle habits, in order to maintain your results.
6. A consultation is necessary. Your candidacy is determined during an in-person consultation and exam. Aesthetic procedures can provide just one more way to help you feel great. Dr. Corey will help you decide if liposuction is the right way to accomplish the enhancements you want.
7. Dr. Corey has practiced plastic surgery since 1993. Following his Plastic Surgery residency in Georgia, he studied and trained in cosmetic surgery in Brazil with globally renowned plastic surgeons. His training there instilled in him an artistic approach to aesthetic surgery, providing not only surgical precision but an individualized approach as well to each and every procedure.
Learn More About Liposuction
To find out if you are a good candidate for liposuction, please call the practice of Dr. John J. Corey, at 480-767-7700, to arrange a consultation. Our office is located in Scottsdale, Arizona. Guests visit us from across the Metro area, including Phoenix, Chandler.