Breast augmentation can provide life-changing benefits, helping you look and feel your very best. However, there are many considerations to evaluate when deciding to undergo this procedure. One is the health of your breasts.
Health Considerations Associated with Breast Implants
breast implants negatively impact the health of your breasts, it is important that you understand some changes are inevitable. These changes include:
- Breastfeeding – Depending on the breast augmentation options you choose, breastfeeding may become more difficult with implants.
- Mammograms – If you choose the sub-glandular implant placement option, you may require additional diagnostic tests to spot early signs of breast cancer
These things are important to keep in mind when you are discussing your breast augmentation options with Dr. Corey. During your initial consultation, be sure to inform Dr. Corey of any future pregnancy plans. This will allow him to carefully assess your options and make sure your final choices are most beneficial for you.
Caring for Your Breasts
With or without breast implants, the care you take of your breasts is important. To help ensure your breasts remain healthy well into the future:
- Eat a healthy diet – Yo-yo dieting, weight gain, and weight loss will all impact the appearance of your breasts. Eating a diet that is nutritious and complete can help ensure your breasts and body stay healthy.
- Do not smoke – Smoking not only increases your risk for breast augmentation complications, but many studies have also found that women who smoke experience breast sagging at a much younger age
- Get support – Gravity can lead to breast sagging, particularly when heavy implants are involved. Make sure you wear a supportive bra daily and a sports bra when exercising to help minimize gravity’s effect on your breast health
We are committed to your health and beauty. Dr. Corey and our knowledgeable staff will be happy to answer any questions you have about breast health to help make sure you are making decisions that benefit you both physically and emotionally.
Please contact Dr. John Corey today to schedule your confidential breast augmentation consultation. Dr. Corey serves patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Chandler, and Gilbert, Arizona.">