Diet and exercise can help you stay trim and fit, but there are times that, despite your diligent efforts, stubborn pockets of fat remain in certain areas of your body. Liposuction performed by Scottsdale plastic surgeon Dr. John Corey can be a great way to get rid of these fat deposits and help you achieve the toned, sculpted figure you desire.
The best way to find out whether liposuction is the ideal option to sculpt and enhance your frame is by speaking with our board-certified Arizona plastic surgeon in person. During your initial consultation, Dr. Corey will listen carefully to your aesthetic goals and evaluate your body type before recommending liposuction or another body contouring option.
If you live in Arizona and are considering liposuction, please contact John J. Corey, MD online or by calling our Scottsdale office at 855-515-4177. Our plastic surgeon welcomes patients from Phoenix, Chandler, Mesa, Tempe, and all neighboring areas of Arizona.
- What Areas can be Treated with Liposuction?
- What Types of Liposuction are Available?
- What are the Benefits of Liposuction?
- Am I a Good Liposuction Candidate?
- Why Choose Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon Dr. John J. Corey
- Contact our Scottsdale Plastic Surgery Office
Liposuction Treatment Areas
Liposuction can provide the finishing touches on the toned, fit body you've worked so hard to achieve through diet and exercise, and is one of the most effective body contouring procedures available today. One of the greatest benefits of choosing liposuction is its versatility – a versatility that allow the procedure to be used for the removal of fat from nearly any area of your body.
The most common liposuction treatment areas are:
- Flanks ("love handles" and "muffin tops")
- Chest (during male breast reduction to treat gynecomastia)
- Anterior Axilla (Bra Fat)
These areas can be treated individually or combined for a more enhanced result. During your initial consultation at our Scottsdale plastic surgery office, Dr. Corey will carefully assess your areas of concern to help you determine if multiple treatment areas demand attention.
It is important to keep in mind that liposuction is not a tool for weight loss. It is a body contouring procedure intended to remove small, targeted areas of fat in order to help you achieve a toned figure that reflects all the hard work you have put in by exercising regularly. Any significant weight loss must be accomplished before moving forward with your procedure. If you need assistance with weight loss in preparation for liposuction, we would be happy to discuss our unique plastic surgery boot camp program during your initial consultation. This program combines assistance from highly trained, experienced, and certified nutritionists, personal trainers, and other healthcare professionals that will work together to help you reach and maintain your weight management goals.
Types of Liposuction
Liposuction vacuums away fat cells. Prior to liposuction, the fat can be prepared a number of different ways to improve the removal of fat. The liposuction techniques preferred by Dr. Corey are:
- Tumescent liposuction: Tumescent fluid contains saline, lidocaine and epinephrine. This fluid is injected into stubborn fat deposits, where it decreases bleeding by constricting blood vessels. Tumescent fluid also results in reduced swelling and bruising, and the lidocaine numbs the treatment area.
- Laser-assisted liposuction: Using a narrow cable, a laser is inserted into the liposuction treatment area prior to fat removal. The laser prepares fat for removal by liquefying it, which results in a less traumatic removal process. Removing the liquefied fat cells is a much gentler process than suctioning away unprepared fat cells. Some degree of skin-tightening effect has been said to result from laser-assisted liposuction as well. The laser's heat may stimulate the creation of new collagen, which could tighten the skin slightly. Brands of laser liposuction include SlimLipo™ and SmartLipo®.
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction: Like laser-assisted liposuction, ultrasound-assisted liposuction prepares fat for more efficient removal. A cannula with a vibrating tip is inserted into the treatment area. The vibration of the cannula emits ultrasonic energy, which may break apart and liquefy fat cells. The fat is then suctioned away.
We are committed to offering only proven safe and effective liposuction techniques. During your initial consultation, our Scottsdale plastic surgeon will evaluate your body type and listen carefully to your goals and recommend the ideal liposuction treatment plan to deliver the exceptional results you desire.
Liposuction offers a number of aesthetic benefits including:
- Improved clothing options
- Greater definition and tone
- A slimmer and more contoured physique
- Balance and symmetry throughout the body
Because liposuction removes stubborn pockets of fat that can interfere with range of motion, the procedure can help improve physical ability. The removal of excess fat from the body can also reduce risks for heart disease and other serious medical conditions.
While liposuction can provide some physical benefit, it is not specifically designed to improve physical ability or reduce health risks. However, these benefits are often achieved by patients who choose to lead an active lifestyle following surgery. Getting at least three hours of moderate exercise every week and eating a well-balanced and healthy diet will further promote these health and wellness goals. Dr. Corey can discuss maintaining and enhancing liposuction results during your body contouring consultation at our Scottsdale plastic surgery office.
As a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Corey holds your safety and ultimate satisfaction as top priorities. To help ensure these things, he will take a number of considerations into account before helping you determine if liposuction is the best option for your needs.
- Your weight – liposuction is not suitable for weight loss, but is perfect for toning
- Your medical history – liposuction is best for those in generally good physical and emotional health
- Your ability to take time off – there will be a recovery period following your procedure and rest is essential for proper healing and pleasing results
Other factors that will play a role in your candidacy for liposuction include your expectations and desires – all of which can be discussed in detail during your initial consultation with Dr. Corey.
Liposuction is a very effective way to remove stubborn fat deposits for a more toned and sculpted look. If you are struggling with fat deposits that have failed to respond to diet and exercise, you may be the ideal candidate for this body contouring procedure. The best way to learn if liposuction can help you reach your goals is by discussing your options with our Scottsdale plastic surgeon.
Why Choose Dr. Corey
Dr. Corey is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over two decades of experience. Because of his extensive experience, he is able to help our patients archive remarkable outcomes, but more importantly, Dr. Corey cares deeply about each patient he sees and takes time to truly customized treatments for the most individualized results. He would be happy to meet with you and discuss your desires, helping you choose if liposuction is the best way to reach your aesthetic goals.
All of our liposuction procedures are performed in accredited surgical facilities in Phoenix and Scottsdale. This allows us to help ensure optimal safety while producing remarkable results. We can discuss your options along with facility and liposuction costs during your initial consultation. We can also discuss financing your procedure during this meeting.
Contact Our Board-Certified Scottsdale Plastic Surgeon
For more information about liposuction or to schedule a consultation with our board-certified Scottsdale plastic surgeon, please call 855-515-4177 today. We serve men and women living throughout Arizona with surgical facilities in both Scottsdale and Phoenix for increased convenience.