Like Dermabrasion, Chemical Peel not only rejuvenates the skin by lifting away the surface of dead, dull skin cells, but does so on a deeper level. At Dr. John Corey's practice in Scottsdale, we are pleased to offer the entire line of SkinMedica® chemical peels, which provide reliable and rejuvenating results.
To schedule a consultation or to learn more about us, please call our staff at 855-515-4177.
What is a Chemical Peel?
A chemical peel is a solution applied to the surface of your skin. They are used to brighten a dull facial complexion, and to treat several skin conditions, such as:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Rough texture
- Uneven tone
- Lighter Acne scars
- Irregular pigmentation
- Sun spots
The chemical peel exfoliates your skin using a specific solution of chemicals. Peels come in different strengths, targeting mild to moderate skin issues. Our experienced team will determine which peel will fit your goals and skin type.
Types of Chemical Peels
There are three types of SkinMedica® peels:
- Illuminize Peel: This is the gentlest and lightest-strength peel. Like all of the peels, it has minimal downtime. It treats mild imperfections, including fine lines and rough texture. Because it is so gentle, it can be a great option for first-time peel patients who want to get a feel for the treatment. The mild solution means you won't experience any peeling skin after the appointment, but you will still see a more even, uniform complexion.
- Vitalize Peel: Creates radiant skin by treating mild skin imperfections. You will notice a difference after a single treatment alone, and ideal results can be reached with three to six treatment sessions.
- Rejuvenize Peel: This peel is great for treating moderate skin imperfections. Results include smooth skin, softened wrinkles and an overall healthy facial appearance. If you have a dark skin tone, we may suggest using one of the milder peels first, to establish how it is tolerated by. If your skin responds well to those, then the Rejuvenize peel will be an option.
When you visit our practice for a consultation, we will be able to suggest the most appropriate peel based on your skin and your goals.
Questions About Chemical Peels
The following are a few frequently asked questions related to this treatment:
- Do they work for all skin types? Peels work for most skin types and can be tailored to the individual. Dermatologic conditions such as Psoraisis and Excema are excluded from treatment as well as patients prone to hypertrohic scarring.
- Is there downtime? Depending on the solution used, your skin may continue to peel after treatment, as the dull surface layer sloughs away. There is some downtime required for both the Vitalize and Rejuvenize peels, though it is minimal in comparison with many other surgical and nonsurgical options. What you can expect and how to reduce discomfort in the days following your procedure will be discussed in greater detail during your initial consultation.
- How long will results last? The results of a peel are fairly long-lasting, with retreatments being performed once your skin becomes dull again, usually every three to four months. A broad-spectrum sunscreen is imperative after a peel. Your skin will be even more susceptible to UV rays when freshly treated. Sun protection also preserves your results by preventing further photo damage.
Dr. Corey will answer any questions you have about the chemical peel process.
Arrange Your Visit in Scottsdale
Please call the practice of board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. John Corey at 855-515-4177. We look forward to arranging a skin peel consultation for you at our comfortable, elegant Scottsdale office. Since 1993, Dr. Corey has proudly provided cosmetic surgery and rejuvenating treatments to people from across Arizona, including Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler and Gilbert.