No matter how active you are, your face naturally develops wrinkles and lines with age. If you’re looking to take a decade or more off of your face, experienced Phoenix plastic surgeon Dr. John Corey can help you recapture your youthful appearance with a facelift.
It’s important to know what to expect from a facelift before scheduling your procedure. Dr. Corey will discuss your case and determine how plastic surgery could help you achieve your best look. If you live in Phoenix, Arizona, or the nearby areas, please call 855-515-4177 today to schedule your initial facelift consultation.
What to Expect from a Facelift
Traditionally, a facelift restores three areas that tend to droop and lose definition with age:
- Jaw line
Dr. Corey strives to make you look as young as you feel while keeping the results of the facelift procedure natural. After your facelift, you can expect to look 10 to 15 years younger. Your appearance will be youthful and refreshed, making people unable to tell whether or not you underwent a facelift at all.
The Facelift Procedure
The goal of a facelift is to reverse the signs of aging from your facial skin. The procedure rejuvenates key areas of the face, eliminating unsightly issues like:
- Drooping cheeks, caused by loss of muscle tone
- The appearance of a double chin due to displaced fat and/or loose skin along the chin or jaw line
- Creases from the nose to the edges of the mouth
- Bags beneath the eyes
Dr. Corey will accomplish the plastic surgery goals you discussed prior to your facelift by applying meticulous attention to areas where the skin is stretched. Steps include:
- You will be asleep throughout the procedure upon receiving general anesthesia
- An incision is made from the hairline region around the temple and travels from the front of the ear to the back
- Dr. Corey will reposition tissue in your face, lift underlying muscles and readjust the skin on top to maximize rejuvenation
- Dr. Corey will close the incision area with sutures that are concealed within the hairline and blend with the shape of the face and ear
To get the most from your facelift, it’s important to observe each step of the recovery timeline, including:
- One to two nights of observation in a recovery center
- Five to seven days of rest before resuming normal activities
- 10 days before returning to work
Dr. Corey will provide specific instructions on how to care for your face after the procedure, as well as schedule followup appointments to assess your recovery.
To learn more about the facelift procedure, please contact Dr. John Corey today to schedule your initial consultation. Dr. Corey is pleased to see patients in Phoenix, Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa, Gilbert and Chandler, Arizona.